We are looking forward to welcoming you to Berlin. As part of your stay, we kindly ask you to note our Terms and Conditions. All of the business we are conducting together is governed by the applicable German laws as well as these Terms and Conditions. As we are a German company, the legally binding Terms and Conditions are those in German which you will find below. We cannot expect all our guests to be able to read German fluently, so we have provided a summary in English. This translation is a service for you, and the binding version is the German one. We ask for your understanding, and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Terms and Conditions
The Circus GbR
Telephone: +49 30 2000 3939
Fax: +49 30 2000 39360
THE CIRCUS HOSTEL
THE CIRCUS HOTEL
Rosenthaler Straße 1
THE CIRCUS APARTMENTS
Choriner Straße 84
I – The Company
The Circus GbR operates the three locations above. To make things simple, in the text that follows all these locations will be referred to as The Circus or we. If there are specific conditions referring to individual locations, we will use the terms hostel, hotel or apartments. You, as our guest, will be referred to as you or the guest. As soon as a reservation is made, there is a contract between The Circus and the guest, to which the following Terms & Conditions apply:
II – Reservations for up to 9 People
When you make a reservation online using your credit card details, you create a binding reservation. We will confirm the reservation in writing by email or fax.
If you make your reservation by phone, email or any other means, we will make an informal (unconfirmed) reservation and ask you to confirm the reservation.
The following confirmation conditions apply to our three locations:
Hostel and Hotel – The reservation can be confirmed either with a credit card number, or by contacting us in the week of travel by telephone or email, no later than 12 noon, two days prior to the day of your arrival. For reservations with an invoice for an amount of more than € 1,000, a deposit of 30% is required before arrival. The exact amount and terms of payment will be communicated in the letter of confirmation.
Apartments – The confirmation of the reservation is made through the payment of a 30% deposit. The exact conditions will be sent through to you with the reservation information.
III – Group Reservations
Parties of more than 10 people are classified as groups. In this case, we will send you a special group reservation contract which has different terms and conditions from our standard policy (deposits, changes of reservation). In this case, the group contract acts as an addition to the Terms and Conditions.
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate bachelor- or bachelorette parties (stag- or hens night), we are sorry about that. We ask for your understanding and would like to inform you that we reserve the right to cancel reservations for such parties.
IV Your Stay
When you make a reservation with us, we commit to supply the booked beds, rooms or apartments for the dates you have booked. On the day of arrival, your bed/room/apartment will be available from 3pm at the earliest. If you arrive to The Circus earlier than this, we will try to make it possible to provide an earlier check-in, but this cannot be guaranteed.
Your reservation does not include a guarantee of a specific room, only the category booked. If you do have a particular favourite, however, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
We kindly ask you to take note of, and to follow, our house rules for the duration of your stay ar The Circus.
V Changes to your reservation
When you need to make a change to your reservation, please contact us directly and we will do our best to make it possible.
VI Cancellation Policy
For group reservations, you will find the separate cancellation policy on your group reservation contract. For all other reservations, the following conditions apply:
1) Hostel: You can cancel your reservation with a full refund until 12 noon on the day prior to your arrival. If you cancel after that we will charge you with the first night’s stay, as we have little chance to sell the beds to other guests. If you do not show up on your arrival day, we will cancel your entire stay.
Reservations for the total amount of over €1000 can be cancelled free of charge up to seven days prior to your arrival with a full deposit refund. If you cancel after that, we will keep the deposit.
2) Hotel: The same rules apply as for the Hostel
a) Cancellation policy for short and mid stays (up to 29 nights):
* Up to 7 days before arrival you can cancel free of charge
* Up to 24 hours before arrival you can cancel but you will lose your deposit.
* If you cancel less than 24 hours of your arrival we will charge you the complete amount.
b) Cancellation policy for long stays (from 30 nights):
* Up to 29 days before arrival you can cancel free of charge, and your down payment will be returned.
* Up to 14 days before arrival you can also cancel, but we will charge 30% of one monthly rate from your provided credit card.
* If you do not cancel before these times, then we will charge your credit card or bill you for one full month’s rent.
4) Non-refundable reservations and special offers (e.g. Early Bird Special) need to be prepaid fully and are non-refundable. The special offers are for individual travelers only, not for groups, and are available for a limited period of time only.
5) Cancellation policy for New Years Eve reservations (stays on 29th, 30th, 31st December & January 1st). Up to 28 days before arrival you can cancel free of charge. You can also cancel up to 14 days before arrival, but we will charge you 50% of the reservation. If you do not cancel before these times, or in case of a No Show, the reservation is non refundable.
It is required that all guests in Berlin are registered. We are therefore required to ask for an official identity card, drivers license or passport. Without an official document of identification with a photograph, it is not possible for you to stay with us as a guest.
It is possible to make a reservation for your family or friends, even if you are not coming to stay with us in person. However, we cannot accept any reservations that are made and later re-sold for a different price to a third party. Please be aware that if this happens, the reservation will be cancelled and the first night charged.
Our company is located in Berlin, Germany, and therefore all transactions are carried out in Euros. Our prices include all costs and taxes. You can find all our prices online on our website and inside our flyer, and the prices are fixed regardless of how or where you book.
If you finalize the payment with your credit card that offers a choice of different currencies, we leave that choice to you.
We guarantee to provide you with the bed/room/apartment you reserved. In the unlikely case of us not fulfilling our side of the agreement, we take full responsibility for providing you with a satisfactory solution.
XI – City Tax
Prices published on the website include German VAT but do not include the Berlin City Tax of 5%, which is payable by individuals depending on their travelling status.
All services are provided and paid for in Berlin, Germany, and therefore German law applies.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Berlin!