We are looking forward to welcoming you to Berlin. As part of your stay, we kindly ask you to note our Terms and Conditions. All of the business we are conducting together is governed by the applicable German laws as well as these Terms and Conditions. As we are a German company, the legally binding Terms and Conditions are those in German which you will find below. We cannot expect all our guests to be able to read German fluently, so we have provided a summary in English. This translation is a service for you, and the binding version is the German one. We ask for your understanding, and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Terms and Conditions
The Circus GbR
Telephone: +49 30 2000 3939
Fax: +49 30 2000 39360
THE CIRCUS HOSTEL
THE CIRCUS HOTEL
Rosenthaler Straße 1
THE CIRCUS APARTMENTS
Choriner Straße 84
I – The Company
The Circus GbR operates the three locations above. To make things simple, in the text that follows all these locations will be referred to as The Circus or we. If there are specific conditions referring to individual locations, we will use the terms hostel, hotel or apartments. You, as our guest, will be referred to as you or the guest. As soon as a reservation is made, there is a contract between The Circus and the guest, to which the following Terms & Conditions apply:
II – Reservations for up to 9 People
When you make a reservation through the website, using your credit card for security, you have a confirmed reservation. We will send you a written confirmation by email or fax.
When you make a reservation by email, telephone or through any other means, first we make an unconfirmed reservation and request that you confirm the reservation at a later date.
Depending on the location, the following conditions apply:
Hostel The reservation can be confirmed either with a credit card number, or by contacting us in the week of travel by telephone or email, no later than 12 noon, two days before arrival.
Hotel as by the hostel.
Apartments The confirmation of the reservation is made through the payment of a 30% deposit. The exact conditions will be sent through to you with the reservation information.
III – Group Reservations
Parties of more than 10 are classed as groups. In this situation, we will send you a special group reservation contract which has some different terms and conditions to our standard policy (deposits, changes of reservation). In this situation, the group contract serves as an addition to the Terms and Conditions.
Unfortunately we cannot accommodate bachelor- or bachelorette parties (stag- or hens night), we are sorry. We ask for your understanding and would like to inform you that we reserve the right to cancel reservations for such parties.
IV Your Stay
When you make a reservation with us, we commit to supply the booked beds, rooms or apartments for the dates you have booked. On the day of arrival, the bed/room/apartment will be available from 2pm (Apartments 3pm). When you are coming to The Circus earlier than this, we will attempt to provide the possibility for an earlier check-in, but this cannot be guaranteed.
With your reservation we cannot guarantee a specific room, only the category booked. If you do have a particular favourite, however, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
For the time that you are the guest of The Circus, we kindly ask you to take note of, and to follow, our house rules.
V Changes to your reservation
When you need to make a change to your reservation, please contact us directly and we will do our best to make it possible.
VI Cancellation Policy
For group reservations, you will find the separate cancellation policy on your group reservation contract. For all other reservations, the following conditions apply:
1) Hostel: Up until 12 noon on the day before your arrival it is possible to cancel without charge. With any shorter notice, we have little chance to sell the beds to other guests, and so we will need to charge you for the first night stay. If you do not arrive on the given arrival date, then please note that your entire stay will be cancelled.
2) Hotel: As with hostel.
a) Cancellation policy for short and mid stays (up to 29 nights):
* Up to 7 days before arrival you can cancel free of charge
* Up to 24 hours before arrival you can cancel but you will lose your deposit.
* If you cancel less than 24 hours of your arrival we will charge you the complete amount.
b) Cancellation policy for long stays (from 30 nights):
* Up to 29 days before arrival you can cancel free of charge, and your down payment will be returned.
* Up to 14 days before arrival you can also cancel, but we will charge 30% of one monthly rate from your provided credit card.
* If you do not cancel before these times, then we will charge your credit card or bill you for one full month rent.
4) Non-refundable reservations and special offers (e.g. Early Bird Special) need to be prepaid fully and are non-refundable. The special offers are for individual travelers only, not for groups, and are only available for a limited period of time.
5) Cancellation policy for New Years Eve reservations (stays on 29th, 30th, 31st December & January 1st). Up to 28 days before arrival you can cancel free of charge. Up to 14 days before arrival you can also cancel, but we will charge 50% of the reservation. If you do not cancel before these times or in case of a No Show the entire reservation is unfortunately non refundable.
It is required in Berlin that all guests are registered. Therefore we are required to ask for an official identity card, drivers license or passport. Without an official identity document which must include a photograph, it is unfortunately not possible for you to stay with us.
We are more than happy for you to make a reservation for your family and friends, even if you yourself are not coming to stay with us. However, we cannot accept any reservations that are made by a person and then re-sold for a different price to a third party. Please be aware that if this happens, the reservation will be cancelled and the first night charged.
Our company is located in Berlin, in Germany, and therefore all transactions are carried out in Euro. Our prices include all costs and taxes. You can find all our prices online on our website and on our flyer, and these prices are fixed regardless of how or where you book.
When you pay with us in person with your credit card, it is often possible through your credit card company, to choose between Euro and your own currency. In this situation, we leave the decision naturally up to you.
Every year we welcome thousands of guests, and almost always is everything fine. Should there be an extremely rare situation and we cannot supply you with the reserved bed/room/apartments, we will of course take the responsibility to find for you a reasonable alternative.
XI – City Tax
Prices published on the website include German VAT but do not include the Berlin City Tax of 5%, which is payable by individuals depending on their travelling status
All services are provided and paid for in Berlin, Germany, and therefore German law applies.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Berlin