As you probably already know, May 25ht is the day Berlin is welcoming tourists again and we hope you are just as excited as we are! And as thrilled as we are to have guests bring life to our hostel again, we are also very aware of the situation that has become the backdrop of our lives worldwide. We really care about making you feel at home with us, so we wanted to make sure that all of you who are staying with us feel safe and comfortable. So we took a few measures that we hope do exactly that. Here’s a list of 6 aspects we are giving special attention to:
Number one on our list is, of course, cleanliness! It has pretty much always been on top of any lists we ever pay attention to, but today it’s particularly and especially important. Here’s a list of measures we are taking to ensure the highest level of cleanliness:
- Deep cleaning every day
- High Touch High Intensity surfaces cleaned regularly by WHO recommended disinfection
- Sheets and towels professionally cleaned to the highest standard
- Waterproof mattress covers cleaned to the highest standard
- Dorms sizes reduced to comply with social distancing regulations
- Social distancing features ensuring safety
- Hand disinfectant readily accessible all over the building
- Disinfected key cards, Online check in/Check out and Cashless payments to reduce contact
- Personal hygiene – all staff members wearing facial masks and where appropriate disposable rubber gloves
- Modified food and beverage options with delicious breakfast and lunch options also “to go”
- Hygiene Management consultation in conjugation with Federal Office of Economics and Export Control
- Social distancing
Interacting with people while keeping a safe distance can get tricky, we know. Tricky, but not impossible! We are slightly reorganizing the reception and lobby area so we can all go about our usual hostel activities while keeping a safe distance from one another.
This is what makes us special! With an entire building to ourselves we have more rooms than you can count! And not only rooms, we have apartments too! From studios for 2 to entire family size apartments, you can truly enjoy your stay with us and not have to worry about sharing any of your space with anyone but your closest ones. As for dorms, we are limiting the number of people who can stay inside one dorm at the same time, and thanks to the huge number of rooms to distribute guests through, we are beyond confident we’ll make it work quite well!
- The Café
We know how much you love our buffet breakfast, so we have made small alterations to make it more “individual friendly”. That means breakfast “to go” options, space reorganization and more. But rest assured we are leaving no corner unturned.
- Contactless everything
Payments, check-ins, check-outs, you name it, we got it contactless! Really, in case it’s not clear by now, we are doing everything in our power to really (really) make the most out of the situation.
We are truly excited for May 25th and seeing your smiling faces again, and if there is anything you would like to ask us or talk to us about, we are there for you, whether via email, phone or chat, all you have to do is reach out! Until we see you again, stay safe, be well and WE CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!